Veterans news in brief
TILTON — Gov. Maggie Hassan will celebrate the wearing of the green with the residents of the New Hampshire Veterans Home on St. Patrick's Day, Monday, March 17.
50th anniversary Vietnam War Commemorative Recognition Day
LONDONDERRY — American Legion Post 27 will host a celebration of the 50th anniversary Vietnam War Commemorative Recognition Day on Saturday, March 29, from 1 to 5 p.m. A potluck lunch served will be served. All current members and their guests are welcomed. The post also invite any veterans to join the celebration.
Derry post plans meat shoot, penny social
DERRY — VFW Post 1617 will hold a meat shoot on Friday from 7:30 to 11 p.m. Music will be provided by B&B. On Sunday, March 16, the post's Ladies Auxiliary will hold a penny social at 2 p.m.
Sweeney Post plan St. Patrick's Day dinner
MANCHESTER — Henry J. Sweeney Post 2 planning the following events:
All events are held at the recently renovated smoke-free facility at 251 Maple St. For information, call 623-9145.
MANCHESTER — American Legion Post 79, 35 W. Brook St., will hold trivia night at 7 tonight.
On Sunday, March 16, the post will hold its St. Patrick's Day meat raffle at 1 p.m. Reuben's with homemade French fries will be served for $5.
School's Pay It Forward to aid Post 27
LONDONDERRY — This month the Londonderry High School Pay It Forward Team will help Post 27 veterans with bingo at the VA Hospital at 7 p.m. on March 24. Commander
READER COMMENTS: 2
- 10 legislators to watch in this coming session - 0
- State Employees Association declares impasse in bargaining - 20
- House Rules Committee rejects majority leader vote, OKs letting lawmakers carry guns - 0
- Majority leader sees GOP rift healing after Jan. 7 - 11
- Official House GOP caucus begins setting goals - 0
- Rival NH Republican caucus seeks own voice - 30
- Jasper censure cites 'breach of trust' - 0
- Starting Jan. 1, NH elderly and disabled have more protection - 0
- GOP committee: Censure Speaker for Dems' help in winning post - 38
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Keene men charged with burglary and assault - 0
- Shooting victim's spouse's car being searched - 0
- Altercation leads to suspect fleeing, threatening police - 0
- Crash ends high-speed chase in Lyndeborough - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- DWI license revocations - 0
- High speed chase ends in crash in Lyndeborough - 2
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 3
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm