Veterans news in brief
TILTON — Gov. Maggie Hassan will celebrate the wearing of the green with the residents of the New Hampshire Veterans Home on St. Patrick's Day, Monday, March 17.
50th anniversary Vietnam War Commemorative Recognition Day
LONDONDERRY — American Legion Post 27 will host a celebration of the 50th anniversary Vietnam War Commemorative Recognition Day on Saturday, March 29, from 1 to 5 p.m. A potluck lunch served will be served. All current members and their guests are welcomed. The post also invite any veterans to join the celebration.
Derry post plans meat shoot, penny social
DERRY — VFW Post 1617 will hold a meat shoot on Friday from 7:30 to 11 p.m. Music will be provided by B&B. On Sunday, March 16, the post's Ladies Auxiliary will hold a penny social at 2 p.m.
Sweeney Post plan St. Patrick's Day dinner
MANCHESTER — Henry J. Sweeney Post 2 planning the following events:
All events are held at the recently renovated smoke-free facility at 251 Maple St. For information, call 623-9145.
MANCHESTER — American Legion Post 79, 35 W. Brook St., will hold trivia night at 7 tonight.
On Sunday, March 16, the post will hold its St. Patrick's Day meat raffle at 1 p.m. Reuben's with homemade French fries will be served for $5.
School's Pay It Forward to aid Post 27
LONDONDERRY — This month the Londonderry High School Pay It Forward Team will help Post 27 veterans with bingo at the VA Hospital at 7 p.m. on March 24. Commander
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Governor to nominate three to the bench - 0
- State revenues slightly ahead for August - 0
- Hassan says NH's high workers' comp costs a burden - 0
- Executive Council approves railroad contract for Milford - 0
- Executive Council to consider raising dollar threshold for contracts - 0
- GOP to Hassan: What taxes would you raise? - 0
- NH Republicans push for 2014 fiscal budget figures - 0
- State Sen. David Boutin apologizes for lapse in judgment - 17
- New victim protections passed by Legislature celebrated - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 0
- Central High fair to feature admissions officers - 0
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Electric vehicle charging station at Pease - 0
- Seminar at SNHU offers tips for new businesses - 0
- Oracle's Ellison steps down as CEO - 0
- NFL: Hester sets return record as Falcons thrash Buccaneers, 56-14 - 0
- Australian PM cites 'chatter' of attacks on government, parliament - 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on arms for Syrians - 0
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too