Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Wilton-Lyndeborough elementary school merger plan passes
Though Lyndeborough and Wilton are part of the same school district, the articles of agreement signed at the time of the merger required that each town have its own elementary school.
The School Board said, however, that having two schools doing the same thing wasn't cost effective.
With the voters' approval, the preschool and kindergartners from both Wilton and Lyndeborough will be educated at Lyndeborough Central School, and first- through fifth-graders will attend Florence Rideout Elementary School in Wilton.
The main focus for this coming summer is to prepare for the major renovations that will take place at Florence Rideout beginning in the fall, Tyrie said.
Hutter Construction will be doing preliminary work on the school in July and August, making sure students have safe access around the building and dealing with parking, traffic flow and other logistical issues.
An addition that links the old part of the building to the newest part is going to be torn down and a new addition built. Restrooms will be installed on every floor of the school, classrooms will be reconfigured, office space relocated, and all systems will be brought up to code.
Finally, the school's aged heating system will be replaced, said Tyrie.
"We have to work on that heating system virtually every day," said Tyrie.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- St. Margaret of Scotland in Conway to celebrate the Kirkin' of the Tartan - 0
- Local author to talk about soul, spirituality - 0
- Church of Our Saviour to host harp concert following Christmas fair - 0
- Keene church to host talk on fair pay - 0
- Historic bell to ring again at Manchester church - 0
- Right Rev. Mark Dyer, Episcopal bishop and Manchester native, dies at 84 - 0
- Peterborough approves plans for construction of Buddhist temple - 0
- Vendors cry foul as Vatican reins in papal blessings sales - 0
- Grace Ministries to host its annual Christmas Tea - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats put selves in strong position - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl: Crusaders aim to rewrite history - 0
- Dave Solomon's Power Plays: Who knew what and when in PSNH scrubber case? - 0
- Story of Marine Memorial at Hampton Beach begins with Bill Downs - 0
- Immigrants include ethnic dishes at their Thanksgiving table - 0
- Puritans in America: Daniel Webster on religion's role - 0
Person found dead in Manchester alley
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket