CONCORD — Legal action filed by municipal insurer the Local Government Center against its own insurance providers, for the insurers' refusal to pay LGC's legal defense costs, was settled out of court for more than $1 million, said Peter Bragdon, executive director of HealthTrust. Since the suit was filed in February 2012, the LGC was court-ordered to split into separate entities, with HealthTrust being one of them. The disputed legal costs were for the LGC to defend against a secretary of state complaint that led to the LGC refunding $50 million of banked surplus funds to member municipalities.CLICK TO VIEW THE SOURCE MATERIAL
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.
Be the first to comment.
Post a comment