March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery
And forecasters say depending on how much it warms up, the southern tier of the state could see as little as 1-3 inches or a half-foot — or more. The northern half of the state is more likely to hit the snow jackpot, with up to a foot.
The National Weather Service’s station in Concord has recorded 70.5 inches of snow so far. That’s 19.1 inches above winter’s normal, Curtis said.
“We’re all tired of it, but March is normally a stormy month, so this storm is not unusual,” she said. “We have had about 20 inches more than usual in New Hampshire, though, so it is getting to be a lot of snow.”
“If it continues like this, we might have to talk about our budget, but right now we’re okay,” said Gilford Public Works Director Sheldon Morgan, who said his crews have been “shelfing” or cutting back snow banks along roads in the past week, preparing for more snow.
“We are incredibly happy, the more the better,” said Greg Kwasnik, communications director at Loon Mountain ski area in Lincoln.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Slick commute in store for some NH motorists today - 1
- Windy weather whips across New Hampshire - 0
- Leaks fixed, visits resume at Goffstown women's prison - 0
- Storm brings heavy rain, flooding to southern NH - 0
- UPDATED: Flood warning issued for southern NH; leaks force visitation to be cancelled at Goffstown women's prison - 2
- Summit of Mount Washington white with rime ice, snow to follow soon - 0
- Storms in Meredith cause outages - 0
- USGS reports minor earthquake just outside of Concord - 0
- Quake strikes northeast of Tokyo, no reports of serious damage - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 0
- City championship on the line Thanksgiving Day - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket - 0
- On being American: A point for reflection - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: 'Tis the season for budget games and gimmicks - 0
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 0
- Manchester school exec contract squeaks by - 0
- Dartmouth gets 10 picks on All-Ivy team - 0
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection