Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools
Voting takes place from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., at Bartlett Elementary for District 5 voters and Goffstown High schools for District 1.
The budget includes a secretary position, increasing the library media specialist from part time to full time, one special education teacher and increasing summer hours for the custodian at Bartlett Elementary School; hiring an eighth-grade teacher, adding two part-time library assistants and providing a late school bus at Mountain View Middle School; and increasing summer hours for an educational assistant; and installing new exterior locks at Maple Avenue School.
The cost per student in Goffstown is $11,476 and the average annual teacher salary of $52,406 is below the state average of $54,314.
Warrant 3 is asking voters to approve a two-year agreement with Goffstown Education Association, including increases in salaries and benefits of $528,091 in 2014-15, and $394,596 for 2015-16. The first year of the contract would have no tax impact because the district will use the 2.5 percent contingency fund, and insurance premiums from Local Government Center overpayments made in 2010 and 2011 for employee health insurance.
firstname.lastname@example.orgCandidates for school board are Jenelle Anne O’Brien, Heather Trzepacz and Steve Dutton. They are running for the three, three-year seats.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Review of West High intruder case to be behind closed doors - 1
- Another View -- Daniel Barrick: Manchester's schools face some serious challenges - 0
- Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance - 1
- Representing whom? Jeanne Shaheen, leftist icon - 7
- Chiefly, Pats are horrible in Monday night blowout in K.C. - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Double-overtime goal sends Goffstown past John Stark in boys' soccer - 0
- UNH gridders jump one spot in national polls - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Offseason needs aplenty - 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey: Merrill's hat trick lifts Winnacunnet - 0
Dredging planned for Milford's Osgood Pond