Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth
Aaron Bonds was found not guilty of sexually assaulting a woman, but guilty of drugging her and two friends after a night of bar hopping in downtown Portsmouth in July 2012. (JAMES A. KIMBLE PHOTO)
A jury foreperson acknowledged to McHugh late Friday afternoon that their findings would likely not change if they were given more time to deliberate.
“Mr. Bonds respects the hard work and thoughtfulness of the jury in reaching their verdicts in this case,” Lavallee said on Friday afternoon. “As has been the case from the beginning, Mr. Bonds adamantly denies any improprieties with anyone.”
He faces up to 3 ½ to 7 years in state prison on the eight drug convictions, but for now, has dodged the potential for a much longer punishment on the sex assault charges.
Later in the night, Bonds met up with three of them at an apartment where they were drinking beer after a night of bar hopping. Bonds had put out more of the cocaine for the women to use, but did not take any himself, prosecutors argued.
The alleged victim of the sexual assault, and the two other women, who were granted immunity, all testified about taking the cocaine and knowing right away that there was something wrong with it.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 29
- Police arrest two following Portsmouth fight with hammer and knife - 0
- Mass. resident arrested on warrant tied to Pelham donation jar theft - 1
- Manchester SWAT team swoops in on South Mammoth Road home - 0
- Pot plants worth $25,000 seized in Wilmot - 1
- Lawyers for Manchester man challenge competency of suspect in 2001 Auburn murder - 0
- Two-car crash in Salem prompts arrest of both drivers - 0
- Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old - 1
- Former Nashua alderman's witness tampering trial postponed - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition at Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 in Rochester - 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917