Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested
Max E. Wilson, 69, was arrested at the Hillsborough County jail in Manchester, where he was being detained on other misdemeanor sexual assault charges involving the same boy out of Antrim.
Wilson is charged with six counts of sexual assault, all misdemeanors, and two felony charges of prohibited person from childcare service.
Police said the investigation began in January when an original complaint was filed with Hopkinton police. At that time it was alleged Wilson, a registered sex offender, was having inappropriate contact with a boy.
Wilson was living with a family in Antrim at the time and allegedly assaulted the boy while there. Police said the victim did not live at the residence, but was an acquaintance of the family. He allegedly assaulted the boy three separate times over three to four days.
Investigators then learned Wilson allegedly assaulted the same boy in both Hopkinton and Concord. As a result, all three agencies opened a joint investigation.
According to police, Wilson agreed to be a mentor and tutor for the child, never disclosing to the family that he was a sex offender. The family eventually became concerned about Wilson's behavior, researched him on the internet and discovered he was a registered sex offender.
Then they consulted with their church before contacting Hopkinton police.
Police said the investigation revealed Wilson assaulted the boy at various Concord restaurants and retail establishments during the first two weeks in January.
Antrim police issued warrants for Wilson's arrest in late January. He was arrested and detained on $50,000 cash bail. He has been in the Valley Street jail in Manchester ever since.
Arrest warrants from both Concord and Hopkinton were subsequently obtained and served Thursday on Wilson at the jail. He was to be arraigned Friday in 6th Circuit Court, Concord District Division.
Police are asking anyone with information concerning the case to call them at 603-335-8600 or Concord Regional Crimeline at 603-226-3100.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive, assaulted her - 1
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 0
- Man arrested for failing to register as sex offender - 0
- Two Keene men charged with burglary and assault - 0
- Shooting victim's spouse's car being searched - 0
- Altercation leads to suspect fleeing, threatening police - 0
- Crash ends high-speed chase in Lyndeborough - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Central rally stuns Memorial - 1
- NHIAA Basketball: Memorial needs shootout to get by Bow - 0
- Man arrested after chase that led from Pelham to Lowell, Mass. - 0
- No shortage of post-holiday shoppers at local stores - 0
- West junior advising College Board on its entrance exams - 0
- Sullivan in the top running for state's Assistant Principal of the Year - 0
- Derry making progress with efforts to honor POWS, MIAs - 0
- Lions Club blood drive draws on spirit of giving - 0
- Last Week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Murder suspect fit for trial?
Pipeline push gets a second wind
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483