Home » News » Public Safety
Milford police officers want to meet you for coffee
According to Sgt. Matthew Fiffield, the department will host its first “Coffee with a Cop” program at McDonald’s on Nashua Street from 9 to 11 a.m. In attendance will be several of Milford’s finest, who will be available to answer questions, hear concerns, or just enjoy a good, casual conversation on a cold winter day.
“We felt that with our forward-thinking and creative officers, and the improved relationship we have been building with our residents over the past couple of years, we could try this relatively unknown (in this area) program and make it a success,” Fiffield said.
“It is my goal that the officers will get to know more of our citizens on a personal level, as well as have the opportunity to engage with them in a more informal setting than they are used to,” Fiffield said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Abby says it's incredible to be home; mom tells TODAY daughter did not run away - 9
- Dozens of ill Keith Urban fans treated at concert near Boston - 0
- Five hikers rescued in separate incidents Saturday - 2
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 5
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 3
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry woman arrested after police pursuit - 0
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: Taxation without representation again? - 2
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 11
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 2
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 1
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 10
Market Basket community waits and watches
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Derry woman arrested after police pursuit
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse
Punch line: The NFL blows it
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'