Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Several union deals on Windham ballots
Tax impact would be 24 cents per thousand dollars of assessed property value or $84 for the owner of a $350,000 home.
Voters will also get to weigh in on the district’s proposed $45,624,106 overall budget. The new budget represents an $814,106 increase over the current year and would have a tax impact of 35 cents per thousand.
Article 5, a citizens petition article for the $860,000 bonded purchase of the historic Campbell Farm at 137 Kendall Pond Road, would result in the preservation of the property for educational and recreational uses. If the article is approved, the site would remain a protected conservation spot, with the town making annual payments of $85,000 toward the bond over the course of the next decade.
Article 10, a $74,820 contract with the town’s firefighters union, represents at 2.5 percent cost-of-living raise that would become effective next month should the item pass.
Ballot voting on all town and school items will take place Tuesday, March 11, from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. at Windham High School.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New London voters pass municipal budget - 0
- Peterborough voters say no to cluster housing, yes to village zone - 0
- Newport voters say yes to police and DPW raises - 0
- Hooksett voters OK budget, police pact - 0
- Voters reject propane-only heating plan at Lafayette Regional School - 0
- Zoning measures against sprawl on Peterborough Town Meeting ballot - 0
- Town engineer, budget increase on Hooksett ballot - 0
- New London residents to vote on $1.17 million budget - 0
- Sanbornton to vote on cruisers, voting date - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 0
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 0
- Motivation Matters: 'Giving 110 percent' says more than you think - 0
- Know the Law: Do I need a prenup? - 0
- Life's just a great big game for Dan Yarrington - 0
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH