Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Several union deals on Windham ballots
Tax impact would be 24 cents per thousand dollars of assessed property value or $84 for the owner of a $350,000 home.
Voters will also get to weigh in on the district’s proposed $45,624,106 overall budget. The new budget represents an $814,106 increase over the current year and would have a tax impact of 35 cents per thousand.
Article 5, a citizens petition article for the $860,000 bonded purchase of the historic Campbell Farm at 137 Kendall Pond Road, would result in the preservation of the property for educational and recreational uses. If the article is approved, the site would remain a protected conservation spot, with the town making annual payments of $85,000 toward the bond over the course of the next decade.
Article 10, a $74,820 contract with the town’s firefighters union, represents at 2.5 percent cost-of-living raise that would become effective next month should the item pass.
Ballot voting on all town and school items will take place Tuesday, March 11, from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. at Windham High School.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua assessment tests miss the mark - 0
- St. A's board of trustees responds to criticism of graduation change - 1
- Officials proposing cutting Derry school budget by $1.4 million - 0
- St. Anselm in a stir over graduation date change - 13
- Nashua schools struggle to find more time for middle-school math - 0
- Former Gov. Lynch chosen for PSU Robert Frost award - 0
- Keene State College gets funding to further biology research - 0
- Anti-bully message on display at Pinkerton - 0
- 'Hour of Code' events get students interested in computer programming - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Two arrestesd for allegedly scamming motorists buying gas in Rochester - 0
- Londonderry police assisting in investigation of violent Maine home invasion - 0
- House Rules Committee rejects majority leader vote, OKs letting lawmakers carry guns - 0
- Man stealing wine threatens clerk of Manchester 7-Eleven with knife - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Standing up for Salvation: Ringing the bell in the cold is a tough job - 0
- Man charged in Manchester stabbing - 1
- Hampstead home invasion suspect wants evidence tossed - 0
Police arrest pair after bullets fly
Vermont's disaster: An Obamedy of errors
Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week
After Newtown: A gun rights revival
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Power Plays: BANANAS and NH's energy needs
Police: Man endangered child after overdose