Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Portsmouth chief: You can't go around impersonating a firefighter
Fire Chief Steven Achilles said when firefighters attempted to rescue Dean Ellis, 29, by extending a ladder to the roof, Ellis would not get on the ladder and asked for a hose. He was not wearing protective clothing, an air mask or a helmet; firefighters took him for an occupant of the building, the chief said.
The chief said Ellis put firefighters at risk and became a distraction during the three-alarm fire that seriously damaged the F.A. Gray building on Daniel Street June 30.
Achilles said firefighters were unfamiliar with Ellis and did not believe that he was a firefighter.
According to court records, the Manchester Fire Department reported that Ellis has never been a member of the department. He works for a company that supplies fire extinguishers, court records state.
Achilles said investigators determined the fire began in a ceiling fixture — probably in an unoccupied second-floor apartment. The building has since been renovated and reoccupied.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lancaster man facing more charges in death of neighbor - 0
- Sources say Abigail Hernandez's kidnapper may be indicted Wednesday - 0
- K9 team heads to Pennsylvania to assist in accused cop-killer search - 0
- Former Farmington fire chief indicted on theft charge - 0
- Couple facing charges for 2 Portsmouth robberies - 0
- Nashua caretaker wants evidence suppressed in sexual assault case - 0
- Former coach from Nashua charged in sex assaults claims confession was involuntary - 0
- Manchester police: Ga. man stole truck in Mass. to visit mom in NH - 0
- South African Olympian Pistorius sentenced to five years in girlfriend's murder - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- John H. Sununu: Voters, pick a governor who is serious about the Pledge - 3
- Team Obama: Faking right, voting left - 9
- Charles Arlinghaus: This government 'investment' is a bad idea - 2
- Preventing riots: What should Keene do? - 1
- Manchester mayor asks aldermen to hold abandonded property owners accountable - 0
- Residents given Londonderry playing field priority - 0
- NH has 1,300 guardrail ends targeted in federal safety suit - 1
- Carignan promoted to deputy police chief in Nashua - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Meat cleaver has key role in threats, assault case - 0
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
Team Obama: Faking right, voting left
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate
Preventing riots: What should Keene do?
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483