Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Portsmouth chief: You can't go around impersonating a firefighter
Fire Chief Steven Achilles said when firefighters attempted to rescue Dean Ellis, 29, by extending a ladder to the roof, Ellis would not get on the ladder and asked for a hose. He was not wearing protective clothing, an air mask or a helmet; firefighters took him for an occupant of the building, the chief said.
The chief said Ellis put firefighters at risk and became a distraction during the three-alarm fire that seriously damaged the F.A. Gray building on Daniel Street June 30.
Achilles said firefighters were unfamiliar with Ellis and did not believe that he was a firefighter.
According to court records, the Manchester Fire Department reported that Ellis has never been a member of the department. He works for a company that supplies fire extinguishers, court records state.
Achilles said investigators determined the fire began in a ceiling fixture — probably in an unoccupied second-floor apartment. The building has since been renovated and reoccupied.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sugar Hill man pleads guilty to criminal trespassing - 0
- Ex-Connecticut governor guilty of violating federal campaign laws - 0
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for violating restraining order - 2
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Not your standard victory - 0
- Diane Foley is a lady of extraordinary elegance - 0
- Mayor's police contract veto may face override in Nashua - 0
- Havenstein to unveil 'Pledge 2.0' today, saying, 'I won't spend money we don't have' - 1
- Motivation Matters: Hey, boss! How am I doing? - 0
- Big Idea Group a startup breeding ground - 0
- North Country summit to highlight job creation - 0
- Food stamp loophole not a go in NH - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Everett Pollard: Mount Sunapee's master plan will benefit whole region - 0
7 hikers rescued from Pawtuckaway
Foreclosure relief clinic Oct. 1 in Derry
Food stamp loophole not a go in NH
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917