Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Portsmouth chief: You can't go around impersonating a firefighter
Fire Chief Steven Achilles said when firefighters attempted to rescue Dean Ellis, 29, by extending a ladder to the roof, Ellis would not get on the ladder and asked for a hose. He was not wearing protective clothing, an air mask or a helmet; firefighters took him for an occupant of the building, the chief said.
The chief said Ellis put firefighters at risk and became a distraction during the three-alarm fire that seriously damaged the F.A. Gray building on Daniel Street June 30.
Achilles said firefighters were unfamiliar with Ellis and did not believe that he was a firefighter.
According to court records, the Manchester Fire Department reported that Ellis has never been a member of the department. He works for a company that supplies fire extinguishers, court records state.
Achilles said investigators determined the fire began in a ceiling fixture — probably in an unoccupied second-floor apartment. The building has since been renovated and reoccupied.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 25
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483