Windham ready to open a 'Little Shop of Horrors'
When the curtains rise on the school production of "Little Shop of Horrors," Alex St. Cyr will be center stage, though hardly visible from inside his giant plant costume in his portrayal of Audrey II, a singing plant with an appetite for blood.
"Now this is where it gets fun," said St. Cyr, as he climbed into costume during a recent rehearsal.
"This is one dedicated cast," he said of the 13-member group. "They even came in to rehearse for several days during February vacation."
Sophomore Ram Sheth said he's enjoyed the process of perfecting his character, Seymour.
"He's just very socially awkward," Sheth said. "It's fun playing him, because I get to fumble, to stutter a little."
Freshman Kacie Flahive plays a dancing doo-wopper in her first high school production.
"The choreography is definitely lots of fun," Flahive said.Sophomore Sophie Samuels has several roles in the upcoming show, which she said is "much more lighthearted and less stressful" then the club's fall production of the drama, "Twelve Angry Jurors," where Samuels' role was "way more serious.""We're dancing and singing all the time," she said. "It's fun to be one of the customers in the flower shop."
"I think ours will be even better," she noted. "Ram is the perfect Seymour."
"It's nice to be in a comedic role," she said. "I get to use a character voice to play Audrey, and it took me a couple of weeks to master it. But I think I've finally nailed it."
Tickets are $15 for adults and $10 for students, seniors and staff members.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 0
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 6
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 11
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it