Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Young friends of the Currier
"Whenever I lead a training for a new group of docents, I inevitably hear from interested young professionals that can't fit that kind of commitment into their schedule," she said in an email to The Scene.
"I hope it becomes a strong coalition that works to support the museum through social media and innovative partnerships," she wrote. And they hope the group's support of the arts will extend beyond the Currier to other areas of the community.
Waiting for Spider Man
My husband's a bit of a comic book geek, so imagine my excitement when I found out a live show featuring Marvel super heroes was scheduled to come to the Verizon Wireless Arena in October, right around his birthday.
Perry said the show's producers, Feld Entertainment, decided to release tickets for all U.S. shows at once. While Manchester will not be visited until 2015, other cities will experience the show this summer, and others not until 2016.
Sullivan for St. Patrick's
Congratulations to Sister Patricia Sullivan RSM for being named Grand Marshal of the 19th annual Manchester St. Patrick's Parade. The parade will not be held until Sunday, March 30, but the city's Saint Patrick's season begins this Saturday when Sr. Pat will receive her Grand Marshal sash during a Celtic Mass at Saint Raphael Parish at 4 p.m.
NH365.ORG Event of the Week
If you have an interesting item for Scene in Manchester, write to Scene@UnionLeader.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Spanish exchange students feel welcomed at Pinkerton Academy - 0
- Sandown school board member demands surveillance video in letter to superintendent - 2
- Campbell High celebrates a national distinction - 0
- Central High fair to feature admissions officers - 0
- Nashua board reviews eligibility for school sports and clubs - 0
- Nashua fourth-graders show significant gains in science - 0
- UNH math professor earns prestigious MacArthur Fellowship - 0
- School emergency notification system to launch in Londonderry - 0
- New Nashua computer curriculum stresses exam, lifetime skills - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem