Home » News » Public Safety
Woman found dead behind Cinemagic identified, still no word on cause of death
A Hooksett Police investigative vehicle sat in the driveway of 31 Sherwood Drive in Hooksett on Tuesday. The body of a Hooksett woman was found in a wooded area behind the home. (Ryan O'Connor/Union Leader Correspondent)
Though the woman had no identification on her when police found her, the investigation determined she is Cindy Bowdoin, 42, of Hooksett.
According to a joint report from the New Hampshire Attorney General's Office, in collaboration with Hooksett Police and the state police Major Crimes Unit, Bowdoin was last seen alive on the morning of Monday, Feb. 24, the day before her body was found.
According to the report, a man walking through the woods shortly after noon on Tuesday discovered the remains in a lightly wooded area situated between Cinemagic at 1226 Route 3 and a row of homes on Sherwood Drive.
The man called 911 to notify authorities, and first responders confirmed Bowdoin was, in fact, dead, and began an investigation into the circumstances of her death.
An autopsy, conducted Wednesday by the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, did not definitively determine a cause and manner of death, and additional studies are still pending.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
- Annual banquet on April 23 honors police, fire and EMS - 0
- I-93 crash under investigation - 0
- Body of missing NH man found in Vermont - 0
- Police seeking heroin epidemic answers - 0
- Teen ejected in Candia rollover - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judge rejects request to stop auto dealer 'bill of rights' - 0
- Earnings lift S&P 500 and Nasdaq - 0
- Job fair in Littleton - 0
- BIA to honor business leaders - 0
- Health care — a team approach - 0
- Earth Day is more like Earth Daze - 0
- Police say man clocked doing 100 on Route 11 in Wilmot - 0
- Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales - 2
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
Manchester mayor: 'It's the tax cap budget'
Derry woman accused of burglaries
Another View -- Jeff Goley and Will Infantine: Time for an increase in weekly benefits for NH unemployed