Home » News » Public Safety
Woman found dead behind Cinemagic identified, still no word on cause of death
Though the woman had no identification on her when police found her, the investigation determined she is Cindy Bowdoin, 42, of Hooksett.
According to a joint report from the New Hampshire Attorney General's Office, in collaboration with Hooksett Police and the state police Major Crimes Unit, Bowdoin was last seen alive on the morning of Monday, Feb. 24, the day before her body was found.
According to the report, a man walking through the woods shortly after noon on Tuesday discovered the remains in a lightly wooded area situated between Cinemagic at 1226 Route 3 and a row of homes on Sherwood Drive.
The man called 911 to notify authorities, and first responders confirmed Bowdoin was, in fact, dead, and began an investigation into the circumstances of her death.
An autopsy, conducted Wednesday by the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, did not definitively determine a cause and manner of death, and additional studies are still pending.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police honor their own for dedicated service - 0
- Damage from water main break closes portion of Allds Street in Nashua - 0
- Former UNH police chief remembered as 'amazing leader' - 0
- Pinkerton warns community of person soliciting students - 0
- Oil tanker strikes Memorial Bridge early Friday - 1
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Water main break in downtown Nashua - 0
- Manchester fire heavily damages one apartment - 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Merrimack survives scare - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 3
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief