Amherst fundraiser isn't exactly a walk in the woods
The demanding, rugged race dubbed the Joe English Trail Challenge 25K begins in the fields of Freestyle Farm, a private equestrian facility along Mack Hill Road in Amherst.
“There is going to be some very challenging terrain here. The race is in the woods across streams and rock outcrops,” said George Bower, race organizer. “It will be slower pace, and there will be sections that you just can’t run but will have to be hiked — that is part of the fun.”
“The event is really set up as a race against yourself — to see if you can complete the course. We really want people to participate and challenge themselves to do the event, and come back next year after more conditioning and fitness work,” said Bower.
“We wanted to do something unique that would draw a lot of people and businesses and brands,” said Hendrix. “This will be a substantial fundraiser for us to help conserve even more land throughout town.”
The event is ideal for competitive runners and outdoor and fitness enthusiasts, said Bower. Registrations are already being accepted for an early entry fee of $55.
For more information or to obtain a registration form, visit joe-english.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- League of NH Craftsmen's Fair opens with new event for hardcore collectors - 0
- Hooksett and Manchester take first step toward future high school deal - 0
- Boy Scouts to host Great North Woods Gathering - 0
- Club Notes: Italian club to present comedy/murder mystery - 0
- Salem selectmen sign off on having town property beautified by owner of adjacent property - 0
- Failure to properly number houses cited as issue in Salem E-911 report - 0
- Windham schools lay out 20-year capital improvement plan - 0
- Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride - 1
- Win tickets to see Kenny Wayne Shepherd - 0
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Alewives and leeches; fireworks in the rain
Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse
Punch line: The NFL blows it
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting