Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Hart's Location cherishes a yearly town meeting tradition
For the 2013-2014 academic year, Hart's Location has just one student — Dindorf's daughter Amber, who commutes 60 miles round-trip daily to Fryeburg Academy in Maine, where she is a senior. Having recently turned 18, she is also her hometown's 33rd voter, said her dad.
"One of the things about being a citizen in a tiny town like Hart's Location is that many of us have to hold public offices," said Dindorf, who added that he's proud to do his part.
"I don't see any controversies, we don't have any special warrant articles, no zoning articles and in the past we've had more items on the agenda, but this year, happily, things are pretty straightforward which is how we like it," said Dindorf.
In 2013, Hart's Location voters adopted a $29,350 municipal budget "and we underspent it," said Dindorf, adding that he hoped that might also be the case in 2014. In addition to underspending the budget, he said the selectmen last year reduced the town portion of the cumulative tax rate down to nine cents per $1,000 of assessed valuation and also returned some of the surplus to taxpayers.
"The people who live here, and I can't speak for all of them," he said, "they love the scenic natural beauty, the quiet and I think they are typically rugged, independent souls who in many ways carry on in the tradition of the Crawford family and others who settled and lived here in the past."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry Town councilor wants traffic light at English Range Road and Bypass 28 - 1
- Daughter of Korean Air boss goes ‘nuts’ over nuts - 0
- Exit 4A slowly moves forward - 0
- Momentum stalls for sales of hybrid vehicles - 0
- Volkswagen teases a hydrogen-powered Golf - 0
- Removal of 1907 Boscawen bridge less costly than planners expected - 1
- A trio of roundabouts looms a solution to Meredith’s seasonal traffic problem - 0
- Big potential, big subsidies projected in new rail study - 13
- Race to tie up Hampton Beach traffic Sunday - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2014 top 10 list of wage and hour - 0
- Thumbs-up for Ebert's winner - 0
- It's Central, Merrimack - 0
- Goal: Stay healthy - 0
- Year in review: A look back at NH's top stories - 0
- Indecent proposition from New London chief was 'chilling' says victim - 1
- Details of Reams inquiry released - 0
- New Hampshire police part of funeral for slain NYC officer - 0
- Workers' rally to bring back Artie T. captured public's heart - 0
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive
Thoughts as we move from one year to another
Details of Reams inquiry released