Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Two Farmington officers placed on leave after simple assault indictments
A Strafford County grand jury handed up the indictments against Sgt. Michael McNeil Jr. and Officer Greg Gough.In a statement, Police Chief Kevin Willey said the police department became aware of the incident shortly after it happened in June and has cooperated fully with the investigation.
According to Foster’s Daily Democrat, the indictment accuses McNeil of grabbing Randy Gray by the neck and using enough force to pull him.
The alleged assault occurred after an off-duty McNeil stopped Gray because he thought he was involved in a road rage incident, according to Foster’s. Gray eventually took off, but police later showed up at his house, where he claims he was assaulted while in handcuffs.
Gray told Foster’s that he fled the traffic stop because McNeil wouldn’t show him his ID when he asked to see it. He also told the paper that he had complied with the police orders and didn’t resist.
“We’re abreast of the situation, but we do not know what the results of the investigation will be. We may say something officially, we may not,” he said.
“We ask that members of public reserve judgment until all facts are known,” he said.The indictments come just weeks after three Seabrook police officers were placed on leave when a YouTube video surfaced showing an officer shoving a suspect into a wall for no apparent reason inside the police station and another pepper-spraying him while he was on the ground. That case remains under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus