Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Once trusted, former SNHU budget director now in jail for theft
"It just started and escalated. It's not like I have a million in the bank," Ward said Prouty told investigators.
Prouty, of Hooksett, also arranged for another niece to receive $73,805 in unauthorized SNHU scholarships. Ward said after the hearing that none of Prouty's relatives were aware of what he was doing; none will be required to make reimbursement.
Ward said from May 2004 through May 2012, Prouty also stole $95,091.03 from three Hooksett Kiwanis organizations. He was treasurer at the time and would keep money taken in as cash.
An insurance company has already reimbursed the university $500,000. Prouty made his first restitution payment — $125,000 — Tuesday and is to pay $100,000 annually to SNHU until the debt is repaid. As a backup, he named the university the beneficiary of a $1 million life insurance policy.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- Rochester shooting investigated - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Sen. Ayotte vows to fight on after her military sex assault bill passes - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus