Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
May 29, 2014
Once trusted, former SNHU budget director now in jail for theft
Raymond Prouty waits for his case to be called Tuesday in Merrimack County Superior Court. (PAT GROSSMITH/?UNION LEADER)
"It just started and escalated. It's not like I have a million in the bank," Ward said Prouty told investigators.
Prouty, of Hooksett, also arranged for another niece to receive $73,805 in unauthorized SNHU scholarships. Ward said after the hearing that none of Prouty's relatives were aware of what he was doing; none will be required to make reimbursement.
Ward said from May 2004 through May 2012, Prouty also stole $95,091.03 from three Hooksett Kiwanis organizations. He was treasurer at the time and would keep money taken in as cash.
An insurance company has already reimbursed the university $500,000. Prouty made his first restitution payment — $125,000 — Tuesday and is to pay $100,000 annually to SNHU until the debt is repaid. As a backup, he named the university the beneficiary of a $1 million life insurance policy.
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Man arrested in two Portsmouth robberies - 0
- Manchester man arrested for attempted robbery in Laconia - 0
- Dover man among two sought in connection with Maine murder - 0
- High-speed chase starts in NH, ends in Massachusetts - 1
- Justices send drug case back to Rockingham County Superior Court - 0
- Backlash from former detective's early release increasing - 11
- East Kingston man sentenced to prison in sex assault case - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 5
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 10
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
- Philadelphia outlasts Revolution, weather in U.S. Open Cup - 0
- Rock Cats sweep Fishers in rain-makeup doubleheader - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
- Total Votes: 917