State to restrict moose hunting permits to 124
New Hampshire Fish and Game is proposing 124 permits be distributed via the lottery, down from 275 issued in 2013. The moose hunting season is Oct. 18 to Oct. 26.
The 2013 odds were 1 in 35 for residents and 1 in 121 for nonresidents.
Applications are available at Fish and Game license retailers, Fish and Game Department in Concord, and online: HuntNH.com/hunting/hunt_species/hunt_moose.htm.
The number of permits issued will be finalized after hearings and rule-making meetings in March and April, but the number should be close to 124 given mortality data of the current moose population.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- More information coming on Plaistow commuter rail station Wednesday - 0
- Peterborough's Rosaly Bass named organic gardener of the year - 0
- Salem selectman vows taxpayers won't pay for railroad ties removal - 0
- UNH exhibit aims to convey realities of war - 0
- Nashua man back home after a silent trek around America - 0
- Seacoast, Maine border region offer fantastic ice fishing opportunities - 0
- Bobcat resurgence raises trapping talk - 30
- Cheryl Kimball's Nature Talks: The beech tree is clearly her favorite - 0
- Nashua mayor honored for promoting the arts - 0
Bobcat resurgence raises trapping talk
Granite State volunteers honor MLK's legacy
Enter to win tickets to see Nickelback
UNH exhibit aims to convey realities of war
Hassan’s HHS cuts: Where is the outrage?
County attorneys: Accountable to the people
Hollis woman charged in two assaults
NH braces for a big blizzard