State to restrict moose hunting permits to 124
New Hampshire Fish and Game is proposing 124 permits be distributed via the lottery, down from 275 issued in 2013. The moose hunting season is Oct. 18 to Oct. 26.
The 2013 odds were 1 in 35 for residents and 1 in 121 for nonresidents.
Applications are available at Fish and Game license retailers, Fish and Game Department in Concord, and online: HuntNH.com/hunting/hunt_species/hunt_moose.htm.
The number of permits issued will be finalized after hearings and rule-making meetings in March and April, but the number should be close to 124 given mortality data of the current moose population.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New Hampshire events starting on July 13 - 0
- Family center in Nashua offers workshop, play date - 0
- Alewives and leeches; fireworks in the rain - 1
- Despite late start in growing season, North Country's blueberry picking season soon to be here - 0
- Cormac Ashe Toland born in June in Manchester - 0
- July 4th fireworks a reminder of need to protect dogs from noise - 0
- Locals, big names alike praise NH Seacoast's wave culture - 0
- 2 from NH graduate from Air Force training - 0
- Engagement of Currier-Williams - 0
Alewives and leeches; fireworks in the rain
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Despite late start in growing season, North Country's blueberry picking season soon to be here
Win tickets to see Austin Mahone
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
The U.S. is a beacon still
No compromise: We win, you lose