State to restrict moose hunting permits to 124
New Hampshire Fish and Game is proposing 124 permits be distributed via the lottery, down from 275 issued in 2013. The moose hunting season is Oct. 18 to Oct. 26.
The 2013 odds were 1 in 35 for residents and 1 in 121 for nonresidents.
Applications are available at Fish and Game license retailers, Fish and Game Department in Concord, and online: HuntNH.com/hunting/hunt_species/hunt_moose.htm.
The number of permits issued will be finalized after hearings and rule-making meetings in March and April, but the number should be close to 124 given mortality data of the current moose population.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Tasting Notes wtih Jim Beauregard: Mixing it up in the beer aisle - 0
- Homemade ice cream a delight for kids of any age in any era - 0
- Our Gourmet: Good food, good beer at Elm City - 0
- Isles of Shoals commemorated in weekend ceremony - 0
- Riding the indoor surfing wave - 0
- Rail rehab proposed for 42 miles of track - 0
- Stork Project labor of love for Hollis woman - 0
- Platinum Selling Rockers TRAPT Set To Release 'The Acoustic Collection' Sept. 23rd - 0
- Eight environments to explore this Fall by foot - 0
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Riding the indoor surfing wave
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Rail rehab proposed for 42 miles of track
Market Basket: On the brink again
Judge slams spice search
NH's immigrants: Welcome the ones from Mass.
ISIS beheads NH journalist
Pope’s call-out Where’s the Muslim outrage?
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies