State to restrict moose hunting permits to 124
New Hampshire Fish and Game is proposing 124 permits be distributed via the lottery, down from 275 issued in 2013. The moose hunting season is Oct. 18 to Oct. 26.
The 2013 odds were 1 in 35 for residents and 1 in 121 for nonresidents.
Applications are available at Fish and Game license retailers, Fish and Game Department in Concord, and online: HuntNH.com/hunting/hunt_species/hunt_moose.htm.
The number of permits issued will be finalized after hearings and rule-making meetings in March and April, but the number should be close to 124 given mortality data of the current moose population.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rescue Run, Earth Day festivities set for April 26 - 0
- ARLNH names Goffstown man Volunteer of the Year - 0
- Nashua's Lil' Iguana plans Family Fun Day May 3 - 0
- Officer says video of snowmobilers' moose meeting shows what not to do - 2
- Motorcycling Hudson couple sees the world with only the vaguest of itineraries - 0
- Pinkerton Academy tops Dover High in Granite State Challenge - 0
- Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Heading to fish Lake Ontario with an old friend - 0
- Visitors enjoy a little '(Peep)ing' at annual Newport event - 0
- The Standells announce 2014 spring tour dates - to play the Brick House in Dover May 7 - 0
NH Easter Egg Hunts 2014
Win tickets to see Comedian Mike Birbiglia!
Win tickets to see The Monkees!
Win tickets to see Billy Idol
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start
Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan following parental opposition
Sen. Odell won't seek re-election