State to restrict moose hunting permits to 124
New Hampshire Fish and Game is proposing 124 permits be distributed via the lottery, down from 275 issued in 2013. The moose hunting season is Oct. 18 to Oct. 26.
The 2013 odds were 1 in 35 for residents and 1 in 121 for nonresidents.
Applications are available at Fish and Game license retailers, Fish and Game Department in Concord, and online: HuntNH.com/hunting/hunt_species/hunt_moose.htm.
The number of permits issued will be finalized after hearings and rule-making meetings in March and April, but the number should be close to 124 given mortality data of the current moose population.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Alice Cooper 'Raise The Dead – Live From Wacken' DVD out October 21 in North America via UDR Music - 0
- Joan Osborne & The Weight: Members of The Band in Plymouth next weekend - 0
- Signature Chefs Auction® Honors Manchester's Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield - 0
- Five Finger Death Punch co-headlining Fall arena tour with Volbeat kicks off today, hits Lowell September 26 - 0
- Win tickets to see Kip Moore - 0
- Win tickets to see Demi Lovato - 0
- Win tickets to see the John Butler Trio - 0
- Enter to win tickets to see the Dirty Heads - 0
- Win tickets to see Tower of Power - 0
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Win tickets to see the John Butler Trio
Enter to win tickets to see the Dirty Heads
NH couple hit slot for $2.4m in Las Vegas
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua