State to restrict moose hunting permits to 124
New Hampshire Fish and Game is proposing 124 permits be distributed via the lottery, down from 275 issued in 2013. The moose hunting season is Oct. 18 to Oct. 26.
The 2013 odds were 1 in 35 for residents and 1 in 121 for nonresidents.
Applications are available at Fish and Game license retailers, Fish and Game Department in Concord, and online: HuntNH.com/hunting/hunt_species/hunt_moose.htm.
The number of permits issued will be finalized after hearings and rule-making meetings in March and April, but the number should be close to 124 given mortality data of the current moose population.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rockingham Community Action Center reaches out to help Derry's needy - 0
- Big turnout expected for NH beer fest - 0
- Salem planners delay hearing on Italian cafe plan - 0
- Local contestants sought for Ms. Senior America pageant - 0
- Club Briefs: Big Brothers/Big Sisters celebrates matches - 0
- Salem planners OK four-lot subdivision plan - 0
- Entertainment venue promoters lament death of music icon - 0
- 'A Medium with a Message' to stop in Concord, Manchester - 0
- Cello virtuoso Dave Eggar and singer/songwriter Amber Rubarth to perform in Keene - 0
17 Special New Hampshire Picnic Spots
Win tickets to see Josh Turner
Salem planners OK four-lot subdivision plan
Big turnout expected for NH beer fest
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket