Home » Opinion » Editorials
Faces in world places: From Rome to Sochi, NH shines
The Winter Olympics has been an obvious focal point, but we would start by noting the elevation, in Rome over the weekend, of a man raised and schooled in Manchester who one day will likely be among the small number of men to elect the next Pope of the Roman Catholic Church.
Indeed, if you turned on national TV at pretty much any time in the past few weeks, there was a New Hampshire connection to see. From a Best in Breed Chinook in the Westminster Dog Show to talented local singer Alex Preston’s continued success on the “American Idol” program, the Granite State was well represented.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton community excited about relationship with Google - 0
- OKC outguns Bonner, Spurs - 0
- Schaller sent back to minors - 0
- Mount Sunapee plan opponents want more hearings - 0
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Circut Court Judge refuses to recuse himself from hearings - 0
- Pipeline push gets a second wind - 0
- Newbies welcome on NH slopes - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 0
Murder suspect fit for trial?
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Pipeline push gets a second wind
Win tickets to see Linkin Park