Six NH Air National Guardsmen off to Kuwait for 6 months
The six are members of the 157th Civil Engineering Squadron stationed at Pease Air National Guard Base in Newington. New Hampshire National Guard spokesman Lt. Col. Greg Heilshorn said they are the last of 13 guardsmen deployed to Kuwait for six-month stints.
"They are going to be doing their job in a military capacity in other locations," said William Hardekopf, fire chief at the New Hampshire Air National Guard Base.
The six departed Manchester-Boston Regional Airport for Norfolk, Va., and are due to arrive in Kuwait by Wednesday, squadron commander Lt. Col. Eugene R. Mossoni said.
"He has been wanting to do it since he was eight years old. He has always been into fire-fighting or rescues or helping people who have been very ill in different places," Martin's father, Herb, said.
When he returns from Kuwait, he plans to take a fire-fighting test with larger city fire departments such as Manchester, Concord or Boston, Mass., or with the Air National Guard's fire force, his father said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Conway Voters Approve Budgets, Defeat Caps - 0
- Newport deliberative session deals with town salary, benefit increases - 0
- Peterborough deliberative session tonight talks money - 0
- Conway votes Tuesday on tax cap - 0
- Hooksett voters support town engineer, police contract - 0
- Budget, town engineer likely hot topics in Hooksett - 0
- Merrimack school budget committee's fate in voters' hands - 0
- Bow selectmen seek options after voters reject proposals to repair police, fire stations - 0
- Hollis voters reject school proposal - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'