Six NH Air National Guardsmen off to Kuwait for 6 months
The six are members of the 157th Civil Engineering Squadron stationed at Pease Air National Guard Base in Newington. New Hampshire National Guard spokesman Lt. Col. Greg Heilshorn said they are the last of 13 guardsmen deployed to Kuwait for six-month stints.
"They are going to be doing their job in a military capacity in other locations," said William Hardekopf, fire chief at the New Hampshire Air National Guard Base.
The six departed Manchester-Boston Regional Airport for Norfolk, Va., and are due to arrive in Kuwait by Wednesday, squadron commander Lt. Col. Eugene R. Mossoni said.
"He has been wanting to do it since he was eight years old. He has always been into fire-fighting or rescues or helping people who have been very ill in different places," Martin's father, Herb, said.
When he returns from Kuwait, he plans to take a fire-fighting test with larger city fire departments such as Manchester, Concord or Boston, Mass., or with the Air National Guard's fire force, his father said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Board of Ed finds in favor of Goffstown; Dunbarton plans Supreme Court appeal - 2
- Tech conference sparks ideas and imagination - 0
- Nashua assessment tests miss the mark - 1
- St. A's board of trustees responds to criticism of graduation change - 2
- Officials proposing cutting Derry school budget by $1.4 million - 0
- St. Anselm in a stir over graduation date change - 13
- Nashua schools struggle to find more time for middle-school math - 0
- Former Gov. Lynch chosen for PSU Robert Frost award - 0
- Keene State College gets funding to further biology research - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads