Six NH Air National Guardsmen off to Kuwait for 6 months
The six are members of the 157th Civil Engineering Squadron stationed at Pease Air National Guard Base in Newington. New Hampshire National Guard spokesman Lt. Col. Greg Heilshorn said they are the last of 13 guardsmen deployed to Kuwait for six-month stints.
"They are going to be doing their job in a military capacity in other locations," said William Hardekopf, fire chief at the New Hampshire Air National Guard Base.
The six departed Manchester-Boston Regional Airport for Norfolk, Va., and are due to arrive in Kuwait by Wednesday, squadron commander Lt. Col. Eugene R. Mossoni said.
"He has been wanting to do it since he was eight years old. He has always been into fire-fighting or rescues or helping people who have been very ill in different places," Martin's father, Herb, said.
When he returns from Kuwait, he plans to take a fire-fighting test with larger city fire departments such as Manchester, Concord or Boston, Mass., or with the Air National Guard's fire force, his father said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester makes move to outsource student driver education program - 3
- Nashua education board chair concerned about test scores - 0
- Dartmouth scholar to co-lead Arctic initiative - 0
- Manchester school health costs down, but plans called 'generous' - 0
- Manchester school board reaffirms 'get tough' policy for student assaults - 3
- Pinkerton Academy to issue refunds to sending towns - 0
- New Boston firefighters share safety tips with elementary school students - 0
- Public hearing on proposed school bonds - 1
- Crotched Mtn. school suit alleges abuse - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 0
- Brown, Shaheen run hardest where support is deepest - 0
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 0
- College Football: Big Green ready for tussle with Harvard - 0
- Report: Cubs will hire Joe Maddon as manager - 0
- Pastoral Counseling Services honors Good Samaritans - 0
- Peterborough church plan advances after land buy - 0
- Stocks down a little after Fed move - 0
- Portsmouth retailer sells goods from across U.S. in a small 'pop-up shop' - 0
The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw