Home » News » Public Safety
Goffstown hiker rescued after suffering leg injury in Lincoln
Kim Little, 48, was hiking with a companion on the trail, just above the Appalachian Mountain Club (AMC) Lonesome Lake Hut, when she hurt her leg.
The New Hampshire Fish and Game Department was notified about 2 p.m. Rescuers reached Little by 4:30 p.m. and carried her two miles down the trail.
They reached the Lafayette Campground trailhead about 6:15 p.m., where Little was evaluated by Linwood Ambulance personnel.
The rescue team included Fish and Game Conservation officers, volunteers from the Pemigewasset Valley Search & Rescue Team and the caretaker from the AMC Lonesome Lake Hut.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Missing since October, Abby Hernandez is home - 10
- Keene police continue pedestrian collision investigation - 0
- State bomb squad explodes suspicious package in Salem parking lot - 0
- Bodies of downed plane's passengers leave Ukraine crash site for return to Netherlands - 0
- 30-year-old man found dead in Laconia apartment - 0
- AG: Missing Conway teen Abigail Hernandez reunited with family - 10
- Maine man hurt in ATV accident in northern NH - 0
- Police say North Country motor vehicle deaths down - 0
- Hiker rescued from Mount Washington - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Only a freshman, Kennedy excelled on the track - 0
- Looking Back With Aurore Eaton: The Manchester Opera House makes its stunning debut - 0
- Another View -- John Dumais: Mandatory GMO labeling is all cost, no benefit - 0
- What’s the rush? Executive Council follows Pelosi plan - 1
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats prove point - 0
- Evan Turner, Celtics see upside in new deal - 0
- Thunder take two from Fisher Cats - 0
- Ortiz, Drew (4 RBIs each) lead Red Sox hit parade against Blue Jays - 0
- Nashua settles suit over gas collection system - 0
Market Basket workers urged to 'shut it down'; deposed CEO urges fired workers be given jobs back
Shaheen's record: On insurance, it is dismal
Anti-SUV flop: Americans love utility
Police say boy, 6, found in getaway car
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's