Home » News » Public Safety
Goffstown hiker rescued after suffering leg injury in Lincoln
Kim Little, 48, was hiking with a companion on the trail, just above the Appalachian Mountain Club (AMC) Lonesome Lake Hut, when she hurt her leg.
The New Hampshire Fish and Game Department was notified about 2 p.m. Rescuers reached Little by 4:30 p.m. and carried her two miles down the trail.
They reached the Lafayette Campground trailhead about 6:15 p.m., where Little was evaluated by Linwood Ambulance personnel.
The rescue team included Fish and Game Conservation officers, volunteers from the Pemigewasset Valley Search & Rescue Team and the caretaker from the AMC Lonesome Lake Hut.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 4
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 11
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 0
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 6
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 11
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'