Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Area police arrest pair following knife fight in Milton Thursday
Police responded to 559 White Mountain Highway – Route 125 – about 7:50 p.m. for a report of a stabbing with multiple victims.
Three officers from Milton, Middleton and Wakefield, two members of N.H. State Police, and two deputies from the Strafford County Sherriff’s Office responded. At the scene, police were told two men fought and others tried to break it up, according to police.
Roman Czepyha, 28, of 559 White Mountain Highway, was charged with felony reckless conduct and Matthew Shattuck, 19, also of 559 White Mountain Highway, was charged with possession of alcohol by a minor and disorderly conduct.
During the fight, police believe Czepyha, the homeowner, grabbed a large kitchen knife and Shattuck pulled a small pocket knife. A woman and man attempted to intervene. The unidentified man suffered a large laceration on his forearm, believed to have been caused by Czepyha’s knife, according to police.
Police Chief Richard Krauss said alcohol was a factor in the incident.
Both the man and woman who interceded were treated at Frisbie Memorial Hospital in Rochester and released.
Czepyha is held on $2,500 bail at the Strafford County jail in Dover and scheduled to be arraigned Friday at 11:30 a.m. in 7th Circuit Court Rochester District
Shattuck was cited and is scheduled to appear in court March 18 at 8 a.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 0
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 4
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown doles out $29k to NHGOP committees from his PAC
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal