Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Area police arrest pair following knife fight in Milton Thursday
Police responded to 559 White Mountain Highway – Route 125 – about 7:50 p.m. for a report of a stabbing with multiple victims.
Three officers from Milton, Middleton and Wakefield, two members of N.H. State Police, and two deputies from the Strafford County Sherriff’s Office responded. At the scene, police were told two men fought and others tried to break it up, according to police.
Roman Czepyha, 28, of 559 White Mountain Highway, was charged with felony reckless conduct and Matthew Shattuck, 19, also of 559 White Mountain Highway, was charged with possession of alcohol by a minor and disorderly conduct.
During the fight, police believe Czepyha, the homeowner, grabbed a large kitchen knife and Shattuck pulled a small pocket knife. A woman and man attempted to intervene. The unidentified man suffered a large laceration on his forearm, believed to have been caused by Czepyha’s knife, according to police.
Police Chief Richard Krauss said alcohol was a factor in the incident.
Both the man and woman who interceded were treated at Frisbie Memorial Hospital in Rochester and released.
Czepyha is held on $2,500 bail at the Strafford County jail in Dover and scheduled to be arraigned Friday at 11:30 a.m. in 7th Circuit Court Rochester District
Shattuck was cited and is scheduled to appear in court March 18 at 8 a.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth teen accused in DWI crash waives hearing - 0
- Derry man faces child sex abuse images possession charges - 0
- Man arrested after two-state pursuit facing more charges - 0
- NH man sought in connection with Maine murder arrested on unrelated charges - 0
- Man accused of burglarizing state police barracks garage claims his rights were violated - 0
- Marriott's parents to face killer at his sentencing next month - 0
- Second arrest made in Portsmouth store robberies - 0
- Probable cause hearings set for pair facing series of drug charges - 0
- Arrested school construction employees back at work in Unity - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels on Motor Sports: Youngsters eye NHMS - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 6
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release
Ayotte calls again for FCC reform
- Total Votes: 917