Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Manchester chief says heroin won't be going away
Clean Sweep began Wednesday and continued Thursday morning with eight arrest teams and a list of 34 names. Mara announced the operation Thursday afternoon, with representatives of the FBI, the Drug Enforcement Administration, and Hillsborough County law enforcement agencies shortly after the first of the arrestees were arraigned in Circuit Court.
At least one of those arrested is familiar with drug sweeps.
Mark Sweet, 28, of 978 Union St., was charged with theft by unauthorized taking, because he allegedly took $250 from a police officer, but failed to provide the oxycodone he had "sold" the officer.
One of the accused, Benjamin Hesselink, who turns 25 on Sunday, sought a break on bail, saying he has completed a drug treatment program.
He was able to reach an agreement with the prosecutor on two of his clients: Mario Ozuna, 48, of 173 Beech Hill Ave., two counts of sale of a controlled drug, bail is $7,500 cash/surety, probable cause hearing is March 5, and Sandra Debrito, 38, of 886 Valley St., three counts of sale of a controlled drug, $10,000 cash/surety bail, probable cause hearing March 5.
Judge Lyons, noting Johnson said on his bail information form that he had been unemployed for a year and a half and lived alone, left the bail at $15,000 cash/surety, with a probable cause date of March 5.
Samantha Azotea, 23, of 38 Desaulnier St., three counts, $15,000, March 4; Kevin Potvin, 28, of 38 Desaulnier St., two counts, $10,000, March 4; Charles Bakas, 59, of 1625 Front St., two counts, $10,000, March 4; Roy Edward Currier, 47, of 9 Dearborn St., three counts, $20,000, March 6; Fritz Lemire, 36, of 208 Lowell St., two counts, $8,000, March 5; Timothy Duane Miller, 36, of 7 Ash St., three counts, $10,000, March 5.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
- Following drug bust, questions raised about Manchester pizza restaurant - 1
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Fathers of injured teens pleased with order sending back Coco to jail - 0
- Exeter man arraigned in pair of Portsmouth armed robberies - 0
- Pa. man will go to trial for two-state chase - 0
- Arrest made in fake Nashua bomb threat - 0
- Two of Gregory Smart's killers nearing release - 15
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges for Nashua men - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
Alewives and leeches; fireworks in the rain
- Total Votes: 917