Blarney Breakfast to do a dance step to celebrate in Manchester
MANCHESTER — The featured entertainment at Bob Baines’ 14th annual Blarney Breakfast March 12 will be the Atlantic Steps, a music and dance troupe performing the inspiring epic story of Ireland’s oldest dance style — sean-nos.
The troupe, with dancers and musicians from both sides of the Atlantic, will perform the older casual solo dance style that differs from the competitive stepdance known as Riverdance.
The Blarney Breakfast, which benefits Special Olympics New Hampshire, American Red Cross and the Shirley Brulotte Fund, will also feature Irish entertainment, a live auction, food and fun, starting at 7 a.m. Wednesday, March 12, at the Radisson Hotel.
Since it began in 2001, the breakfast has raised more than $750,000 for the charities.
Gov. Maggie Hassan will be in attendance, along with the honorary chair and Mayor Ted Gatsas, as well as the Mayor of Spruce Street, Stan Spirou.
The Harbor Group in Bedford is the lead sponsor for the breakfast. For ticket and sponsorship information, contact Jennifer Gordon at 695-9284 at Merchants Automotive Group and visit the website at www.blarneybreakfast.com.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.