Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Middleton residents weigh impact of school
About 60 residents and officials from Middleton took part in Saturday’s tour of the Kingswood Complex, which includes the Kingswood Region High School, the junior high school and the arts center.
During Middleton’s School District’s Deliberative Session on Feb. 8, Garry estimated that the tax impact of the $210,000 interest payment is $1.30 per $1,000 of valuated property.
The bond in Article 2 – which requires a 60 percent majority to pass – would also allocate $210,000 for the interest of the first year’s bond payment to build a new school for students in kindergarten through grade 6 along King’s Highway. It will only go into effect if the articles regarding withdrawing and the tuition agreement also are approved.
Stacy Trites, of Wolfeboro, who chairs the Gov. Wentworth Regional School Board, welcomed Middleton residents to the facility, which recently underwent major renovations. She added they are very proud of the results.
While Brookfield students attend Wolfeboro schools, the other five communities in Gov. Wentworth – including Effingham, New Durham, Ossipee, Tuftonboro and Wolfeboro – are educated locally before joining each other at Kingswood Regional Middle School.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua’s State of the City speech postponed by snow - 0
- No major accidents reported in Goffstown - 0
- Expect Route 3A to be closed in Bow until 8 p.m. - 0
- I-93 at a standstill in Hooksett-Concord area - 0
- Dover offices and library close early Tuesday - 0
- Storm closes down town hall and cancels meetings in Farmington Tuesday - 0
- Belmont hearing on Route 106 road work postponed - 0
- Several accidents reported in Londonderry - 0
- Hudson's Rogers Memorial Library closes early - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan - 0
- Sen. Odell won't seek re-election - 0
- Another View -- Marilinda Garcia: Ann Kuster loves Obamacare but won't pay for it - 11
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 22
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Central the early surprise in baseball ranks - 0
- Death & justice: Officer Briggs is not forgotten - 3
- Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start - 7
- P-Bruins in fight to finish - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Dubois' homer lifts BG girls over Exeter - 0
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start
Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan following parental opposition
Sen. Odell won't seek re-election