Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Middleton residents weigh impact of school
About 60 residents and officials from Middleton took part in Saturday’s tour of the Kingswood Complex, which includes the Kingswood Region High School, the junior high school and the arts center.
During Middleton’s School District’s Deliberative Session on Feb. 8, Garry estimated that the tax impact of the $210,000 interest payment is $1.30 per $1,000 of valuated property.
The bond in Article 2 – which requires a 60 percent majority to pass – would also allocate $210,000 for the interest of the first year’s bond payment to build a new school for students in kindergarten through grade 6 along King’s Highway. It will only go into effect if the articles regarding withdrawing and the tuition agreement also are approved.
Stacy Trites, of Wolfeboro, who chairs the Gov. Wentworth Regional School Board, welcomed Middleton residents to the facility, which recently underwent major renovations. She added they are very proud of the results.
While Brookfield students attend Wolfeboro schools, the other five communities in Gov. Wentworth – including Effingham, New Durham, Ossipee, Tuftonboro and Wolfeboro – are educated locally before joining each other at Kingswood Regional Middle School.
READER COMMENTS: 13
- PSNH discount carries a cost: Loyal customers pay more, those who switch offered lower rate - 7
- Wind company’s tower permit delayed again - 3
- Protesters decry 4.2-cent increase to statewide gas tax - 0
- New Hampshire motorists decry hike in fuel tax - 26
- UPDATED: Power restored after 2,000 customers go without in Manchester's downtown - 0
- Company behind Groton wind plant promotes emergency plan - 0
- Citizens protest Hollis pipeline as town awaits project details - 1
- Spanish explosives distributor to lease Alexandria land to wind farm developer - 2
- Boost for Northern Pass partners? - 26
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester woman suffers injuries in dragging incident - 0
- Judge orders fired Manchester officer back to jail to finish sentence - 4
- Claremont police dispatcher charged with sex assault and incest, placed on leave - 0
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges in Hollis - 0
- Allen Lessels on Motor Sports: Youngsters eye NHMS - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 1
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?