Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Derry man charged in Nashua gun incidents
NASHUA — A Derry man is accused of getting drunk on two different occasions and pointing loaded guns at two different people inside the same Cottage Avenue residence.
Joseph Blumenthal, 26, of 86 Blueberry Hill Road, was arrested Monday night by Nashua police and charged with two counts of reckless conduct, both class B felonies.
Police said they were called at 9 p.m. Monday for a report that Blumenthal had pointed a rifle at a 44-year-old man inside the Cottage Avenue home. Arriving officers discovered an intoxicated Blumenthal with a loaded firearm during an argument and arrested him.
While investigating that incident, police learned of an earlier incident two months ago when an intoxicated Blumenthal allegedly pointed a different firearm at a 32-year-old woman while inside the same residence. As a result, he was charged with the second count of reckless conduct.
Police recovered two guns.
Blumenthal is being held at the police station on $10,000 cash/surety bail pending arraignment Tuesday in 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Police say woman broke into Hollis home and took pictures - 0
- Addiction treatment doctor gets restricted license - 0
- Newmarket man charged with sex assault of 12-year-old girl - 0
- Wife charged with stabbing husband during argument - 0
- Imprisoned pair could add to their already lengthy sentences if found guilty of assault - 0
- Judge nixes house arrest for man convicted in Ponzi scheme - 0
- Raymond man faces possession of child porn charges - 0
- Man failed to note conviction on gun permit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Market Basket deal reached; Arthur T. Demoulas to return - 1
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917