Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Derry man charged in Nashua gun incidents
NASHUA — A Derry man is accused of getting drunk on two different occasions and pointing loaded guns at two different people inside the same Cottage Avenue residence.
Joseph Blumenthal, 26, of 86 Blueberry Hill Road, was arrested Monday night by Nashua police and charged with two counts of reckless conduct, both class B felonies.
Police said they were called at 9 p.m. Monday for a report that Blumenthal had pointed a rifle at a 44-year-old man inside the Cottage Avenue home. Arriving officers discovered an intoxicated Blumenthal with a loaded firearm during an argument and arrested him.
While investigating that incident, police learned of an earlier incident two months ago when an intoxicated Blumenthal allegedly pointed a different firearm at a 32-year-old woman while inside the same residence. As a result, he was charged with the second count of reckless conduct.
Police recovered two guns.
Blumenthal is being held at the police station on $10,000 cash/surety bail pending arraignment Tuesday in 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 2
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 2
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'