Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Derry man charged in Nashua gun incidents
NASHUA — A Derry man is accused of getting drunk on two different occasions and pointing loaded guns at two different people inside the same Cottage Avenue residence.
Joseph Blumenthal, 26, of 86 Blueberry Hill Road, was arrested Monday night by Nashua police and charged with two counts of reckless conduct, both class B felonies.
Police said they were called at 9 p.m. Monday for a report that Blumenthal had pointed a rifle at a 44-year-old man inside the Cottage Avenue home. Arriving officers discovered an intoxicated Blumenthal with a loaded firearm during an argument and arrested him.
While investigating that incident, police learned of an earlier incident two months ago when an intoxicated Blumenthal allegedly pointed a different firearm at a 32-year-old woman while inside the same residence. As a result, he was charged with the second count of reckless conduct.
Police recovered two guns.
Blumenthal is being held at the police station on $10,000 cash/surety bail pending arraignment Tuesday in 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges in Hollis - 0
- Portsmouth teen accused in DWI crash waives hearing - 0
- Derry man faces child sex abuse images possession charges - 0
- Man arrested after two-state pursuit facing more charges - 0
- NH man sought in connection with Maine murder arrested on unrelated charges - 0
- Man accused of burglarizing state police barracks garage claims his rights were violated - 0
- Marriott's parents to face killer at his sentencing next month - 0
- Second arrest made in Portsmouth store robberies - 0
- Probable cause hearings set for pair facing series of drug charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels on Motor Sports: Youngsters eye NHMS - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 1
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 8
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?
Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917