Apr 19, 2014
Apr 10, 2014
Apr 3, 2014
Mar 12, 2014
Ex-Manchester detective’s hit-and-run hearing postponed
Bedford resident Roy Drukker spoke on Tuesday, a day when Coco, his lawyer and prosecutors appeared in a Hillsborough County Superior Court-North courtroom. A hearing on the charges was cut short when Judge Gillian Abramson did not make it to court.
Prosecutors initially worked out a deal for a guilty plea to a misdemeanor charge, but that drew anger from the parents of the two teenagers struck by the Coco vehicle. Abramson evenutally rejected the plea bargain as inadequate.
Drukker, who once said he’d like to see the case go to trial, said Tuesday he’d be happy with Coco pleading guilty to felony charges. “We don’t really know what the proper penalties are. We feel confident the judge will enact a fair penalty,” he said. He said he expects Coco will deny any knowledge of hitting the two.
The accident caused serious injury to Drukker’s son, Dean Drukker, who suffered bleeding on the brain. And it caused emotional trauma to Noah Hickman, who believed his friend was dying, Drukker said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Citizens Bank robbed Saturday in Manchester - 0
- Four burglaries reported in Manchester on Thursday - 0
- Manchester woman arrested twice in two days - 1
- Police say trio used Craigslist to lure, rob contractor - 7
- Burglars take $210K in cash from safe in Salem home - 0
- Judge rejects new rape trial for ex-Salem planning board member - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man accused of writing company checks to himself - 0
- Police say man clocked doing 100 on Route 11 in Wilmot - 0
- Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
- Total Votes: 917