New Hampshire Home & Garden Briefs
NASHUA — The Nashua Garden Club and the Division of Public Works Solid Waste Department are organizing the 15th annual spring sale of backyard compost bins, kitchen waste pails, rain barrels and compost turners. This may be the final year this offer is made, according to the supplier.
The 55-gallon Systern Rain Barrel ($70) is made of up to 50 percent recycled plastic. It has a mosquito mesh to keep out bugs and leaves.
Orders can be placed by mail by sending name, address, phone number, the number of each item desired, along with a check payable to Nashua Garden Club, to Nashua Garden Club, 8 Scotia Way, Nashua 03062. Deadline for ordering is Feb. 28. The sale is open to all area residents. Pickup of the items will be on Saturday, April 12, from 8 a.m. to noon at the landfill. Delivery will not be available.
Master gardeners’ spring symposium
HOOKSETT — The New Hampshire Master Gardener Association and UNH Cooperative Extension will sponsor their annual Welcome Spring Symposium on Saturday, March 22 from 8 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. on the campus of Southern New Hamsphire University.
The day will end with a question-and-answer session featuring a panel of well-known Gardening experts.
Vendors will offer gardening supplies and books and there will be a Silent Auction featuring a multitude of gardening items.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.