Here we go again... Fast-moving storm headed to Granite State
"A low pressure system sitting over the northern plains will move east and arrive in New England during the day on Tuesday," said Eric Schwibs, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service, Gray, Maine forecast office, which serves New Hampshire.
"The low will redevelop off New England," Schwibs said. "It is not powerful but will produce plowable snow during Tuesday and Tuesday night and should be out of here before dawn Wednesday."
While the region has seen several snowstorms in recent weeks, the number of storms and the snow left behind is not unusual.
Not quite so typical will be the temperatures in the latter half of the week.
"We're going to have warmer air and a slight pattern change," Schwibs said. "Warmer air from the Pacific will mean milder temperatures, in the 40s toward Wednesday, Thursday and Friday."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Flooding closes PSU fields, local business - 0
- Colebrook almost became an island Tuesday night - 0
- Flooding shuts down North Country highways - 0
- Flood watch and rain follow day of near-record temperatures - 0
- Lack of 'hot spell' has made for mild mud season so far in central NH - 1
- With rain on the way, flooding potential eyed - 0
- Londonderry classrooms flooded - 0
- Spring roads make the going tough - 0
- Water damage displaces North Elementary classrooms - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Legal Perspective -- Health care decision making: Pending legislation fills gap - 0
- GoShopNH offers workshop to NH artisans on selling their products online - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Be a student of your profession - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Lacrosse: Bedford proving Division I-worthy - 0
- NHIAA Baseball: Londonderry's Corey escapes seventh-inning jam in win - 0
- Pope presides at Vatican Mass leading Catholics into Easter - 0
- Top-ranked B's seek to tie up series - 0
- Bottoms up for Red Sox in win over Orioles - 0
- Struggling Fisher Cats defeated again - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
Citizens Bank robbed Saturday in Manchester