All Sections
Welcome guest, you have 2 views left. | Register | Sign In

Belmont fire damages apartment

BELMONT _ A fire at a multifamily home seriously damaged a second-floor apartment Monday, Fire officials said.

The call to the fire at 40 Concord St. came in at 6:11 p.m. and was declared under control about 25 minutes later. The initial cause was listed as careless disposal of smoking materials.

"It was a quick knockdown. We got right in and took care of it," Lt. Fred Greene said Monday night.

A 10-year-old boy who was in the apartment escaped without injury.

Although the second-floor apartment was uninhabitable after the fire, the fire department said the building's owner was able to stay in the first-floor unit.


Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow our RSS feed
Union Leader app for Apple iPad or Android *
Click to download from Apple Apps StoreClick to download from Android Marketplace
* e-Edition subscription required

More Public Safety

NH Angle - Public Safety