Future Business Leaders of America at Pinkerton Academy in Derry explore careers
FBLA students organized the event that was held at the school. During the session, they were able to ask business representatives such questions as how they got started and why they chose a particular field.
“The kids have done an amazing job, ” Smith said. “They were very responsible. They did a really good job getting the businesses together and moving the kids along. Overall, I think it was a success.”
Getting the businesses to come to the event was probably the most difficult part of the process, said Pinkerton senior Kelly Fitzsimmons, president of FBLA. She said the students made a number of calls before getting the five businesses to attend.
Recruiting at least one business was much easier, however, for Pinkerton senior Allyson DeCloux, also in FBLA. DeCloux said she has known Kerry’s Dance Center owner, Kerry Bacheller, as she dances at her studio.
Also helping organize the event was Pinkerton senior Amanda Joncas, who took photos.
Some business representatives said they were impressed by the students and would come back again if asked.
Bridge said she was asked how she got started in banking, whether or not she really liked it, and whether it was originally something she thought of doing.
- George Will: Understanding our divisions - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Attorney General Eric Holder's race card - 0
- Another View -- Bobby Jindal: NH should trust parents to choose schools - 13
- Charles Arlinghaus: A $400 million hole was just blown in the state budget - 5
- Thomas Sowell: Fraudulent stats behind 'equal pay' claims - 1
- Jonah Goldberg: The left's arrogant groupthink - 0
- Rep. Adam Schroadter: Penalties for marijuana use in NH should fit the crime - 10
- Pat Buchanan: What would Reagan do with Russia, Syria, etc.? - 6
- Barbara Couch: Why NH students need Common Core's higher standards - 1
Another View -- Jeff Goley and Will Infantine: Time for an increase in weekly benefits for NH unemployedREADER COMMENTS: 3
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- Student brings knife into Nashua school - 0
- Ex-director jailed for theft from Londonderry nursery school - 1
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Anonymous email was 'malicious,' says Auburn police commissioner - 0
- Senate votes to ban hand-held cellphone use in cars; bill heads back to House - 10
- Auburn town administrator under fire - 0
- Belmont High likely will keep Red Raider mascot - 3
Manchester mayor: 'It's the tax cap budget'
Derry woman accused of burglaries
Another View -- Jeff Goley and Will Infantine: Time for an increase in weekly benefits for NH unemployed
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
IT overload: Bureaucracy on bureaucracy