Future Business Leaders of America at Pinkerton Academy in Derry explore careers
FBLA students organized the event that was held at the school. During the session, they were able to ask business representatives such questions as how they got started and why they chose a particular field.
“The kids have done an amazing job, ” Smith said. “They were very responsible. They did a really good job getting the businesses together and moving the kids along. Overall, I think it was a success.”
Getting the businesses to come to the event was probably the most difficult part of the process, said Pinkerton senior Kelly Fitzsimmons, president of FBLA. She said the students made a number of calls before getting the five businesses to attend.
Recruiting at least one business was much easier, however, for Pinkerton senior Allyson DeCloux, also in FBLA. DeCloux said she has known Kerry’s Dance Center owner, Kerry Bacheller, as she dances at her studio.
Also helping organize the event was Pinkerton senior Amanda Joncas, who took photos.
Some business representatives said they were impressed by the students and would come back again if asked.
Bridge said she was asked how she got started in banking, whether or not she really liked it, and whether it was originally something she thought of doing.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Loeb School spring classes offer career-change chance - 0
- 'Mathletes' chosen to represent NH in national competition - 1
- Pembroke Academy wants to help at-risk students - 0
- From Russia, with love of numbers at Nashua school - 0
- Great Bay Community College 'boot camp' trains students in precision manufacturing - 0
- Cyber defense competition coming to University of New Hampshire - 0
- Dartmouth College mourns sudden death of student - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 0
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 4
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown doles out $29k to NHGOP committees from his PAC
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill