Future Business Leaders of America at Pinkerton Academy in Derry explore careers
FBLA students organized the event that was held at the school. During the session, they were able to ask business representatives such questions as how they got started and why they chose a particular field.
“The kids have done an amazing job, ” Smith said. “They were very responsible. They did a really good job getting the businesses together and moving the kids along. Overall, I think it was a success.”
Getting the businesses to come to the event was probably the most difficult part of the process, said Pinkerton senior Kelly Fitzsimmons, president of FBLA. She said the students made a number of calls before getting the five businesses to attend.
Recruiting at least one business was much easier, however, for Pinkerton senior Allyson DeCloux, also in FBLA. DeCloux said she has known Kerry’s Dance Center owner, Kerry Bacheller, as she dances at her studio.
Also helping organize the event was Pinkerton senior Amanda Joncas, who took photos.
Some business representatives said they were impressed by the students and would come back again if asked.
Bridge said she was asked how she got started in banking, whether or not she really liked it, and whether it was originally something she thought of doing.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New London voters pass municipal budget - 0
- Peterborough voters say no to cluster housing, yes to village zone - 0
- Newport voters say yes to police and DPW raises - 0
- Hooksett voters OK budget, police pact - 0
- Voters reject propane-only heating plan at Lafayette Regional School - 0
- Zoning measures against sprawl on Peterborough Town Meeting ballot - 0
- Town engineer, budget increase on Hooksett ballot - 0
- New London residents to vote on $1.17 million budget - 0
- Sanbornton to vote on cruisers, voting date - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two vehicle crash in Milton ends with one driver sustaining fatal injuries - 0
- Portland Sea Dogs get past NH Fisher Cats in righty’s first AA start of season - 0
- Keene Swamp Bats edge Sanford in NECBL action - 0
- Manchester's Hanover St. block party kicks off block party season - 0
- Little, MacDonald 1-2 in wild K&N 100 in Loudon - 0
- Kyle Busch focused leading up to Camping World RV Sales 301 - 0
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Hosts hoping for extended Little League district final - 0
- Assisted living facility proposed for Londonderry - 0
Outrageous waste: You overpaid by how much?
Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy
Coco is back in jail, but maybe not for long